These Terms and Conditions ("Terms", "Terms and Conditions") govern your relationship with https://www.gatehrit.co.za website (the "Service") operated by Gather (Pty) Ltd ("us", "we", or "our").
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using the Service.
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
PAYMENTS & BOOKINGS
Please note that your payment in full is your security, items will not be reserved or supplied unless this is done and proof of payment sent to email@example.com. It is the responsibility of the Hirer to send through proof of payment before the quote expiry date to ensure the order is secure.
- We accept payments by EFT only, cheques and credit cards will not be accepted. Once we have received your payment, it will be considered as an acceptance of the quote/invoice at which point this will legally bind you the Hirer to all the Terms and Conditions stipulated.
- The Hirer will be liable for all legal and management fees accumulated over and above any monies due to Gather and our Hire Partners.
- A NON-REFUNDABLE payment is required to secure your order and function date. You will be able to add items onto your order at a later stage depending on availability, but you will not be able to decrease quantities or exchange items from the existing invoice, as we book these out solely for your use and the items are then not available to anyone else for your date.
- Gather will not release any goods if payment is not reflecting in our account
- Delivery for larger items such as our arches is mandatory, as some have specific setup requirements that only our team can achieve with the correct tools.
- All the relevant paperwork must be completed, signed and e-mailed no later than 30 days prior to your function date. Until payment is received, NO GOODS ARE RESERVED under any circumstances. A quote does not guarantee availability.
- Under some circumstances, the Hire Partner may not be able to fulfil the order and in this case, you will be refunded for that specific line item. Gather is not liable for non-performance of our hire partners and if the hire partner is at fault by not supplying a hire item, the user will be refunded for the hire amount in ZAR.
- If there are any changes or additions to an order it will be confirmed within reason. Monies will not be returned for items ordered and not used.
- Should you for any reason postpone your wedding/function or event, move the date, or change the venue, Gather reserves the right to cancel your order should the items not be available. Your payment is then forfeited. Gather will do everything we can to accommodate the change and offer any alternatives before cancelling an order.
DAMAGES & BREAKAGE DEPOSITS
- A single breakage deposit is charged on every order.
- The breakage deposit is determined based on the items on your order, and if an order is changed Gather reserves the right to amend this breakage deposit amount.
- All hire items are packed in their own respected containers and packaging. This is to prevent the items from getting dirty, lost and/or damaged, and for making it easier to transport and store. Please ensure that all items are returned in their original container and wrapped in the supplied bubble wrap. If the items are returned and not packaged exactly as supplied, the breakage deposit will not be refunded.
- A breakage deposit is required to cover the cost of any hire items that do go missing or are damaged. If no goods go missing or become damaged or destroyed, we will refund the client in full within 30 days.
- Breakage deposit will be forfeited if any of the goods come back damaged, or not in its original packaging. - Additional charges (exceeding your breakage deposit) may be charged for depending on the extent of the damage. In which the client is liable for the full amount to replace such items and any time or other compensation necessary to replace the items.
- If an item is missing, comes back wrecked or in a condition in which it cannot be hired out again, the Hirer will be liable to reinstate that item at its replacement value and Gather will invoice accordingly.
- Gather charges for delivery, collection and installation of goods, which is not included in the hiring costs.
- We do not accept cash for the breakage deposit.
- If the client has paid the breakage deposit via EFT it will be refunded into the clients account no later than 30 days after the function. Please check that we have the correct banking details for you and it is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure we have the correct banking details once the goods have been returned.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to contact Gather within one week after the function to enquire about any damages and send through the correct bank details.
- Please note that damaged stock/goods are only kept for a period of 7 days after the function.
- Goods that are returned damaged, dirty or not in its original packaging (supplied) will be charged for.
- Please ensure you keep all packaging supplied by Gather and our Hire Partners (bubble wrap, boxes, crates, cling wrap etc. to use after your function.)
- The breakage deposit fee will be specified on your quotation/invoice. This fee varies according to the value of the hired items.
- Please note that our cutlery is a high-value item and therefore it requires special care and attention when cleaning and returning.
- ALL cutlery and crockery MUST BE RETURNED CLEAN.
- It is the responsibility of the HIRER to ensure the venue is briefed correctly on the cleaning of cutlery and crockery.
- ONLY SOFT CLOTHS are to be used for cleaning, along with standard dish washing soap. No other sponges of any kind may be used, as it may scratch or damage the items.
- Please ensure that these items are returned clean. Gather will check and should they not be cleaned correctly or if any items are damaged, the client will be liable for these costs and Gather will invoice accordingly for additional cleaning fees, with a minimum penalty of R1000.
- Please ensure drip-free candles are used with all of our candle sticks and holders.
DELIVERY & COLLECION TO VENUE
- A Gathering Fee is charged on every order. A delivery and collection fee will be charged in addition to this fee should you request delivery to the venue.
- Gather will take no responsibility for failed deliveries, if inadequate information has been supplied or should nobody be on site to sign at time of delivery. Please note that any person, not the Hirer, who signs a delivery or collection note is considered to be authorised to do so.
- When goods are collected by or delivered to the Hirer, he/she shall examine the goods, accept and sign the delivery note. In the event of shortage or damages, the Hirer shall endorse the note accordingly and inform Gather immediately so that the problem can be rectified. The client must check all items at delivery, Gather will not be held responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items once our driver leaves site.
- Please ensure that your order is repacked and ready for collection when our driver arrives – if this has to be done onsite a breakdown fee will be charge at R800.00 per hour.
- All deliveries/collections will be charged for accordingly and travel/fuel costs are subject to change.
- The hire items that the client has hired must be available for collection at the same delivery address unless otherwise agreed to in writing. Transportation and overtime will be charged for if the hire items are elsewhere or if nobody is on site at the arranged time of collection.
- Gather does not offer a count on site service after the event.
- All orders will be counted and checked upon return to our premises and our decision as to losses/damages will be final.
- Gather is not responsible for searching and finding items on site, as everything must be ready for collection and the client is liable should goods be missing or broken.
- Saturday & Sunday delivery and collection surcharge is R600 per day and subject to change.
COLLECTION & RETURN TO OUR HUB IN DIEP RIVER
- Gather will not be available at their premises for collection unless full payment has been received and reflects in our account.
- The quote/invoice you receive will state on which date you will be allowed to collect the goods as well as return them. This will also be confirmed with you and written on the delivery note.
- A hiring fee will apply per item/per day for late returns. Please note that all items MUST BE collected and returned before 14h00 on the days stipulated in your quote/invoice and delivery note.
- For weekend events, you may collect the Thursday or Friday before the function/wedding before 5pm and items must be returned the following Monday before 2pm.
- Cheques and credit cards WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Please note that no collections or returns will be accepted on Saturdays or Sundays.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to check the quantity and the quality of the goods on collection. No claims whatsoever will be accepted once the goods have left our hub.
- If Gather is delivering, It is the responsibility of the Hirer to ensure that the venue is open and that the Venue has completed their set up on the date and time agreed upon.
- Gather is not responsible for the set up of the venues unless otherwise agreed and costed for.
- It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure that the linen is kept dry, hire items clean, boxed and sealed in their respected containers in a secure place until collected.
- The hirer will ensure ALL furniture items are kept indoors overnight and that no décor items are left outdoors overnight under any circumstance.
- The Hirer shall be responsible for loss of or damage to hired goods, storage containers or packaging materials and shall be held liable for the full replacement fee if applicable.
- The most recent quote is definitive above all other quotations. Gather will not deliver any items that have not been specified and paid for on the most recent invoice.
- Please note that there might be slight variations in each item, due to different materials and artistic interpretation as many of our Hire Partner’s items are hand made.
- Gather will not be held responsible for any unforeseen weather conditions, acts of nature, which might affect our products or service.
- Function décor and furniture is also referred to as “goods” or “items” in this agreement and can be viewed by appointment only.
- Gather will not be held responsible for any damage to property, injury, death or loss of limb, before, during or after the function.
- Gather will supply all necessary items/services if correct information has been supplied. This will include an increase in tables and or guests, a delivery fee will be charged to go back to our premises or Hire Partners to collect extra goods if required. The goods will be charged for per item as per normal. The client will be responsible for any costs incurred during this process and costs are subject to a surcharge.
If you wish to hire any product or service made available through the Service ("Purchase"), you may be asked to supply certain information relevant to your Purchase including, without limitation, your credit card number, the expiration date of your credit card, your billing address, and your shipping information.
You represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) in connection with any Purchase; and that (ii) the information you supply to us is true, correct and complete.
By submitting such information, you grant us the right to provide the information to third parties for purposes of facilitating the completion of Purchases.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order at any time for certain reasons including but not limited to: product or service availability, errors in the description or price of the product or service, error in your order or other reasons.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel your order if fraud or an unauthorised or illegal transaction is suspected.
AVAILABILITY, ERRORS AND INACCURACIES
We are constantly updating our offerings of products and services on the Service. The products or services available on our Service may be mispriced, described inaccurately, or unavailable, and we may experience delays in updating information on the Service and in our advertising on other web sites.
We cannot and do not guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information, including prices, product images, specifications, availability, and services. We reserve the right to change or update information and to correct errors, inaccuracies, or omissions at any time without prior notice.
When you create an account with us, you must provide us information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on our Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with our Service or a third-party service.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third party. You must notify us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
The Service and its original content, features and functionality are and will remain the exclusive property of Gather (Pty) Ltd and its licensors. The Service is protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the South Africa and foreign countries. Our trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service without the prior written consent of Gather (Pty) Ltd.
LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES
Our Service may contain links to third-party web sites or services that are not owned or controlled by Gather (Pty) Ltd.
Gather (Pty) Ltd has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Gather (Pty) Ltd shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such web sites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party web sites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend your account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
In no event shall Gather (Pty) Ltd, nor its directors, employees, partners, agents, suppliers, or affiliates, be liable for any indirect, incidental, special, consequential or punitive damages, including without limitation, loss of profits, data, use, goodwill, or other intangible losses, resulting from (i) your access to or use of or inability to access or use the Service; (ii) any conduct or content of any third party on the Service; (iii) any content obtained from the Service; and (iv) unauthorized access, use or alteration of your transmissions or content, whether based on warranty, contract, tort (including negligence) or any other legal theory, whether or not we have been informed of the possibility of such damage, and even if a remedy set forth herein is found to have failed of its essential purpose.
Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement or course of performance.
Gather (Pty) Ltd its subsidiaries, affiliates, and its licensors do not warrant that a) the Service will function uninterrupted, secure or available at any particular time or location; b) any errors or defects will be corrected; c) the Service is free of viruses or other harmful components; or d) the results of using the Service will meet your requirements.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of South Africa, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material we will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us via email at or call us on .